Learn to Translate a Recount Text


Learn to Translate a Recount Text

Page. 122: A Letter from Nadira to Paula
Kupang, May 7, 2008
Kupang, 7 Mei 2008
Dear Paula,
Paula sayang/ Yang kusayangi Paula/ yang tersayang Paula,
Hello Paula, how are you?                                                                           
Halo Paula, Pa kabar?/ Gimana kabarmu?
It’s been a month since I last heard from you.       
Sudah sebulan sejak terakhir kudengar kabarmu.
Well, I just wanted to tell you that I was in a hospital last week. 
OK (Baiklah), Aku hanya ingin memberitahumu bahwa aku di rumah sakit minggu lalu.
According to the doctor, I was infected by dengue fever.                                                                    
Menurut dokter, aku terinfeksi demam berdarah.
At first, I felt my body became weak then I fainted when I was studying in the classroom.                                                                         
Mulanya, aku merasa tubuhku menjadi lemah, lalu aku pingsan saat sedang belajar di kelas
Then, I was taken to the hospital because of the high fever.                                                                  
Lalu, aku dibawa ke rumah sakit karena demam tinggi.
At the hospital, I was brought into the emergency unit.
Di rumah sakit, aku dibawa ke UGD.
The doctor immediately gave some treatment. 
Dokter segera memberikan penanganan/tindakan.
Finally, I had to stay there for one week.                                                                           
Akhirnya, aku harus menginap/opname di rumah sakit selama satu minggu.
Everyday the doctor kept me on a drip.                                                                            
Setiap hari, dokter memasangiku infus (memberiku infus)
At the seventh day, my condition was getting better.                                                                           
Di hari ketujuh, kondisiku mulai membaik.
After the final check, the doctor gave me permission to go home.                                                                           
Setelah pemeriksaan terakhir, dokter mengijinkan aku pulang.
Now, I’m okay and because of my illness, I am now more careful about keeping in my house clean especially my room, I don’t want to get the same illness again.                                                                           
Sekarang aku sudah sehat. Dan karena penyakitku itu, sekarang aku lebih berhati-hati
dalam hal menjaga kebersihan rumahku khususnya kamarku.
Aku tidak ingin sakit yang sama lagi.
Ok, I think that’s all from me, write to me soon ok?     reply  me                                                                    
OK, kukira itu dulu dariku, balas segera, OK?
Regards,
Salam
Nadira




Page. 106. Andre’s Experience.
My name is Andre.
Namaku Andre.
I am fourteen years old.                                                                           
Umurku 14 tahun.
I have a little brother.                                                                           
Aku mempuyai adik lk-lk.
His name is Andy.                                                                           
Namanya Andy.
He is four years younger than me.                                                                           
Dia 4 tahun lebih muda dariku.
Two days ago Andy had a fever.                                                                           
Dua hari lalu, Andy demam.
My mother tried to lower the fever by giving him some medicine.                                                                           
Ibuku mencoba menurunkan demam dengan memberinya obat.
However, the next day, his fever had still not gone down.                                                                           
Akan tetapi, esok harinya, demamnya masih belum turun.
So she took Andy to the hospital.                                                                             
Sehingga Ibu membawa Andy ke RS.
In the hospital, the doctor examined Andy.                                                                           
Di rumah sakit, dokter memeriksa Andy.
Then he said that Andy had dengue fever.                                                                           
Lalu dokter mengatakan bahwa Andy terkena DB.
My mother was very worried, my father tried to calm her down because
Andy’s illness was not very bad.                                                                           
Ibuku sangat kawatir, ayahku berusaha menenangkan Ibu karena
sakitnya Andy tidak terlalu buruk.
“There is still hope,” said the doctor to my mother.                                                                           
“Masih ada harapan”’ kata dokter kepada Ibuku.
Every day, the doctor checked Andy and gave him the proper treatment
and medicine.                                                                          
Setiap hari, dokter memeriksa Andy dan memberikan tindakan yang tepat
juga obat.
Finally, a week after, Andy’s fever had gone down.                                                                             
Akhirnya, seminggu kemudian, Demam Andy telah turun.
The doctor told us that the critical time had passed
and Andy could go home as soon as possible.                                                                          
Dokter mengatakan kepada kami bahwa saat kritisnya telah lewat
dan Andy dapat pulang secepat mungkin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Story of Ciderella

Lesson 1 (Introduction)

Lesson 2 (Verbs)

أخاك أخاك إن مَنْ لا أخا له === كَساعٍ إلى الهيجا بغير سلاح * Literal meaning: Your brother your brother for that who has no brother; is like a person rushing to battle without a weapon. * Metaphoric meaning: be good to your brothers/friends/family because you need them for support as much as they need you